As a courtesy to our members and the public, this section provides basic information on batteries, battery safety tips, battery market data, regulatory requirements on batteries (including UN testing), and a list of labs that conduct UN lithium battery testing.
Contact PRBA at 202.719.4978 if you have any questions regarding the information contained in this section.
In addition, the U.S. Department of Transportation provides useful safety information on traveling with batteries on their Safe Travel website, which can be found at: www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/hazmat_safety
- Avoid The Spark – Be Battery Safety Smart
- Be-cigarette Safe
- Pack Safe
- UPS Information on Shipping Lithium Batteries
- FedEx Express Information on Shipping Lithium Batteries
- DHL Information on Shipping Lithium Batteries
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) Lithium Battery Recycling and Reuse
- CPSC Lithium ion Battery Safety Standards for Consumer Product Import into the United States
- CPSC Recalls
- CPSC 18650 Safety