Below you will find links to state regulations and laws pertaining to the collection and recycling of portable batteries.
- California – Cal. Pub. Res. Code § 42453 et seq.
- Florida – Fla. Stat. Ann. § 403.7192
- Illinois – 415 Ill. Comp. Stat. 5/22.23d
- Iowa – Iowa Code § 455D.10A et seq.
- Maine – ME. Stat. tit. 38 § 2165 et seq.
- Maryland – Md. Code Ann., Env’t § 6-1101 et seq.
- Minnesota – Minn. Stat. §§ 115A.9155 and 115A.9157 and Minn. R. 9215.0670
- New Hampshire – N.H. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 149-M:28
- New Jersey – N.J. Stat. Ann. 13:1E-99.64 et seq. 1
- New York – N.Y. Envtl. Conserv. Law § 27-1801 et seq. 2
- Vermont – VT. Stat. Ann. 10 §§ 7581, 7588 et seq.
- Washington, D.C. – D.C. Code § 8-771.01 et seq. 3 4
1: This link takes you to the statute search page. From there you can enter the section and it will take you to a PDF of the statute.
2: This link takes you to the statute search page. From there, you can enter the section and it will take you to a PDF of the statute.
3: The Washington, D.C. battery EPR law goes into effect in 2023.
4: Text of section applicable upon the date of inclusion of fiscal effect of D.C. Law 23-211 in an approved budget and financial plan. Minor amendments may occur during budget process.