PRBA held its annual membership meeting virtually on November 12, 2020 to update members on a host of regulatory and legislative issues the association has been working on this year and provide insight on what challenges can be expected in 2021. Guest speakers for the virtual meeting included officials from the U.S. Department of Transportation and Environmental Protection Agency, and Captain Bob Brown, UPS, and Vice President Coalition of Airline Pilots Associations.
Topics covered during the meeting included updates on:
- State and federal battery collection and recycling legislation;
- U.S. and international lithium battery dangerous goods transportation regulations;
- Fire code proposals impacting the storage of lithium batteries;
- New EPA reporting requirements associated with the storage of lithium ion batteries;
- OSHA position on lithium batteries as articles and related safety data sheet (SDS) requirements:
- Wassenaar Arrangement and limits on secondary cell energy density limits; and
- The World Rechargeable Battery Regulatory Forum planned for March 2021.
For more information on PRBA’s activities, please contact George Kerchner at [email protected].